Thursday, April 30, 2009

MM303 Strategic Marketing

30th of April, i`ll always remember this cursed day. The first day I ever took exams in the UK and guess what my first impression on the exams is at its worst. Allow me to bring you through on this very day. To begin with, I was late for the bus- 30 seconds late to be exact. Not a big deal, so I walked with my housemate to Promenade and took the bus 10 to Uni instead and arrived still early for the exams which will only commence at 9.15am , the clock now shows 8.30am.
Feeling pretty nervous and excited when entering the exam halls, my heart was beating so loud i swear i could even hear it. THere i was trying to keep my calm and think straight but I just cant bring myself to it partly because someone was trying to keep her calm by singing which makes me even nervous. I keep telling myself, this is a open book exam for god sake and your allowed to bring in 3 pages of notes! How hard will it be?! Just calm the hell down..
ok~ for your information, the exam is a 2 hour exam that will end at 11.15am sharp. at 9.15, i looked at the first question. Alright.. not too bad, ideas were flooding my head and I have loads to write. But the longer i wrote, i got more and more panick. Why? Because by the time im done with the 1st question, one hour has passed! I raced to the 2nd question and at the look at it, i could write so many things to the question. Its so general and im running out of time! From a perfectly nice handwriting slowly evolves to scribbles and point forms. I was panicking because by the time i finish the 2nd question the clock is showing 10.50am! I was like FUCK! 25 minutes more for the final question... I have no time to think at all, I was writing so fast that i do not even know what am i writing. You see, the purpose of the exam was to test your knowledge on what you have learned. But this the examiner failed to see that we are humans and need to think what to write! Plus we are from a foreign country and this is the very first time that we are seating for it. By the time the examiner shouted times up! I wanted to shout back shut up! I was pissed off.. I know how much i curse and hate, it wouldnt change my results which is probably now in one of the teachers office. So what can i do? Get ready for the next exam which is creeping up on the 11th of May. If only we were given 4 hours instead of 2 hours I would have write my mind out and atleast know i have done everything i could. Now im feeling like, i know the answers but have no time to do it. Its a strategic marketing test for god sake, not a SPEED test!

5 comments:

bpeng said...

you should have planned your time for answering those questions
spend about 30mins on each question, when you have time, only you go back to continue your answer
at least you answered all the questions and have the basic marks there, then when you have time only you furthur elaborate your answer to earn the extra marks, because basic marks are easier to score
every time during exam memang have to write until your hand doesn't feel like your hand anymore
take it as an experience, you will sure be better in your next exam
good luck!

Anonymous said...

chill my friend.. What's done is done. Do your very best for the following exam..

JeffreyChin said...

By the time the examiner shouted times up! I wanted to shout back shut up!

nice phrase.
lolX

Marvin Ng said...

guess so... concentrate on the next paper.. hahaha...

huibee said...

ahahaha yup!
i agree with jeff!!
i hope i dont have to quote it
because for the next 2 paper, i have 4 essay type Q to answer in 2 hours =S

good luck for your last paper!! (=