Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Interview

The phone rang, i dully held it in my hands and was suprised to see an unregistered number flashing before my eyes. I quickly picked up the call, and was welcomed by a loud but friendly female. Yes you guess it right, its asking me to go for an job interview as a marketer. My very first interview in the UK. My very first full time job interview. Well althouth its not my first time attenting an interview, back in Malaysia i have went for countless interviews but it was my very first in the UK.

On the 21st April 2009, the alarm went off at 9am bringing me out from some weird dream. I was dead tired and pratically crawled out of bed and washed up. The sun was already shining brightly as i got dressed ready for my interview, all of a sudden my heart beat increased as i realised im actually going for an interview! I was happy, excited and at the same time nervous. Reaching the train station at 11.30am I bought a ticket to Wolverhampton (15 minutes away from Birmingham)and I was on my way to my destination. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining brightly and i could see cows, goats, horses, sheeps grazing on the grasses. It was Spring, there was almost no clouds in the sky, grasses were particulary green, flowers were blooming into various colors. Farmers were busy attentinding to the farm and it was really a sight as I observe from the window of my seat. It was relaxing, so relaxing in fact i dozed off on my seat.

As the announcement upon reaching Wolverhampton went off, i woke up and scrambled to get out from the train. Now you should see me than, with my "just wake up" face rushing out of the train was kind of funny. I was still dazed and stood at the platform for a few seconds to make sure I was really in Wolverhampton. Now the bad part of being outdoors is when you have to face the nasty wind. Dont get me wrong, im not complaining the about the chilly wind that brings shiver down your spine. Im complaining because it messed up my hair! I look like an idiot with my hair going in all directions and I was so busy trying to keep it in place till i got lost. It was my first time in Wolverhampton and I have to rely on the really brief directions given my the company and my GPS. Thank god, after 30 minutes of wondering like a blind in the city i somehow wondered to my destination! I was really proud of myself..

The interview was at 2pm and I arrived at 1.15pm with my hair all messed up, i went to a nearby clothing outlet into the changing room on the pretext of trying on some clothes. GENIUS! I took the opportunity and wore my bright red tie. Looking confident I proceeded to the interview venue. Now im not going into great detail what actually happened during the interview but it went all well. I was asked to come back for a 2nd meeting on Friday to discuss further on the job. The interviewer even asked me to bring along my sports wear so i could play basketball with him (Probably he`s getting really bored of playing basketball with just himself). Everything ended by 3pm and I went to the highstreet for a little walked and wondered myself back again to the station...

Some really nice picture taken by C905 in Wolverhamton






3 comments:

JC said...

Hey!! Well done la wei...

huibee said...

wow!
good job! (:

wen said...

good luck on 2nd interview!!
big bear hug for u~