Monday, April 6, 2009

Liberation!!

For the past one month, assignments have been piling up in my "in" folder. Now, probably you may wonder assignments are really easy for a person like me who can crap alot. I can now firmly assure you that is not the case, during the one month period it was like going through different stages of hell. As the days pass I was dragged down deeper to the next level, increasing tortures with various techniques. I went through mental stress in the first stage and than was forced to stare at Microsoft word and a few academic journal at stage two. At stage three, I was putted in a confine room with little space to move and this time i was tortured with mental images of parents expectation and my self expectations. During stage four, it was a repeated process of stage one to three but this time i was surrounded with mountains of books and papers forming a wall all around me. Now come the final stage where the ulti horror began - stage five! I was forced to do intensive research, intensive reading, intensive thinking. On top of that, the i was strapped with a time bomb which will explode when the time is up. Under heavy pressure like a well shake can of coke filled with mentos.

I was forced to work with minimum rest and my eyes entered into "sharingan" mode filled with blood veins. My hands were trembling as I struggled to press the buttons on the keyboard. As i work from sunrise till sundown and back to sunrise, my body was shouting for a good rest but the time bomb strapped on my chest was ticking away. I almost gave up and wanted to end everything there and than! But, the devil wouldnt go easy on me. Images of the time bomb after exploding came gushing like a flash flood into my mind, it was like the movie "Next". I could see the future if I gave up and boy it was horrifying. I summoned all my energy, strength and soul to beat the time bomb. As i key in the final alphabet into my laptop, the time bomb suddenly disappear from my chest, the walls of books that surround me vanished and everything went silent. The sunshine started to shine on my face and i could here the birds chirping away in the morning. It was like all the burden, all the pressure was lifted away by the mighty hand of god.
At that point, my mind was as clear as crystal, my strength and energy came back to me as fast as it left me. I could jump for joy and sing praises at that very moment. I felt that i could run 5 miles and swim across the ocean.


But I sat quietly in my chair, gazing at the wall with a sense of satisfaction...

2 comments:

pinkfairy said...

why u always blog about ur assignment wan? lol

Marvin Ng said...

lol. Because my life now is all about assignments. So I thought to myself why not blog on it. Since it has given me hell lot of pressure and stress.