Thursday, April 14, 2011

The soft glow of the computer screen filled the room and I was seating on the floor thinking of what I should write about.  I guess I'll let you know a little about my current life in Canada *winks.

A month has passed since I left Malaysia for Canada and things are going slow here.  However, that aside I must say I am very much fortunate and lucky.  Being totally new and foreign in this land I was welcome into my friend's family.  I was provided with shelter and food and deep down I do not know how can I ever repay this great debt and gratitude.  It was like I am part of a new warm family and that bring great comfort into my lonely soul.  I am indeed touched by the kindness and hospitality shown towards me, so Thank You so much my dear friend Bernard Liew and Family.  I owe you big time bro.

Canada is a... err Vancouver is really a nice place to be in, really it is.  The weather is just right, the scene is beautiful with loads of greens, snowy mountains and crystal clear rivers.  Not to mention the salmon fishes are in abundance here ~~ and errr of course the almighty grizzly bears. *trembles.  Thank god I am not that lucky to bump into one grey furry wall when hiking the mountain... okok..maybe not mountain, more like hill.  However, I must say I am really looking forward to hike up the mountains soon.
Did I mention that the cars here a cheap too?  To hell with Malaysian taxes on cars! Its absurd! A total pathetic to protect out Proton and Perodua market share.  Me myself I had my eyes on the all new Accord~ but well having an eye and having it actually is different plus I haven't really got my driving license here yet. Bummer.  It seems that I have to re-take the driving test here again (oh no!! I can't bribe the officer here with RM50 to pass *sighs).  The nightmare doesn't ends there, it seems for the 1st year with your new license you are NOT able to drive unless you are accompanied by someone who has a valid driving license!  some great law they have here.. and to make matter worst, on the 2nd year, you are only allowed to drive alone and carry passenger that are directly related to you.  WTF?!   You mean I cant fetch my friends and go party for the 2 years?!  @#%^&* !   Which genius gave this idea and whoever is dumb enough to make this as a law!
Feel my pain?  Sigh~ here isn't really Malaysia where if you break the traffic law everything can be settled with :" Minta maaf bang.  Sorry bang.  Tak ada lain kali ya. " while shaking his hand firmly with a RM100 note in it.

Well, its a new life here folks and I am doing my best to make the most out of it.  Applying to a dozen of companies every single day has somehow became my daily routine. So, wish me luck readers.  I have a dream and I intend to make it a reality...

Cheers to that mate!  *knocks your glass and bottoms up

No comments: