Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sun, Sand, Sea



With my recent company trip to Kuantan, I hereby mark the beginning of many trips to come! Woooot! Well, it was not my first time to Kuantan but my last trip was ages ago and I pretty much forgotten what was Kuantan like. Slept like a baby throughout the 3.5 hours journey which really was the effect of staying up late with ma mates at a pub the previous night. =P

Arrived at Kuantan around 11.45am and manage to check into Hyatt Regency Hotel at noon~ Just in time to feed the noisy stomach of the whole team which has started growling like a lion. The view of the sea was beautiful, I did try my best to imagine that the sea water was crystal clear. But I failed~ Nevertheless, the smell of salt water filled my nostrils and the soft breeze hit my face. As I was enjoying the buffet lunch, I sat there in awe and enjoyed the magnificent view of the sea. The sun was hanging right up high, the clouds were shy revealing the baby blue sky. I allowed myself to seat a little longer at my seat eating ice cream. It was a really hot day.

I spend the rest of the afternoon enjoying the gym facilities, the swimming pool and of course team building with my colleagues. It is a great way to increase the bonds and relationships between employees which is really the purpose of the trip. Hah! Well before I know it night fell as we gathered for a sumptuous BBQ dinner. A wide array of prawns, stingrays, steaks, chops was being served and when such a feast is prepared the only thing missing was alcohol. Boy oh boy~ we had brought some great wines both white and red to be consumed and I can practically see everyone loosen up after cheers-ing a few round. I have lost track of how many crates we finish but we really did drank alot~ Well not so much for me but our company store personnel and drivers were downing the wines and followed by whisky. Salute!

I grabbed my favorite white wine and made my way down to the beach. I sat on the beach alone with a glass of wine enjoying the beautiful display from mother nature. It was perfect~ perhaps its the wine that made everything flawless. It was a full moon and the reflection of the moon on the sea was bedazzling! I mean really!! It was for a moment the sea was filled with zillions of diamonds shining. NO I wasn't drunk! Just a little "happy" ...

A pity~ a companion would have made everything perfect...


No comments: