Monday, October 11, 2010

10.10.10


October for me - a month where I set my dreams and set a path that I would walk along. Equipped with a hell of a flashlight walking down this bitter cold unexplored road. Yes, I have decided a few things and start processing my decision into actions. Isn't life an adventure and filled with options? We all have options don't we? and sometimes, making this decision means sacrificing certain aspect of our leisure, time or something in exchange. Perhaps the skills of Embracing the situation perhaps is really one of the most important skills we should learn,... somehow, someway in your own unique way deal with it.

2 days ago it was the 10th of October in the year of 2010 -10.10.10. An auspicious date where a good friend of mine celebrated his 23rd birthday. What he said to me startled me and allowed me to actually think a little of what I have done. He is someone who had great expectations in life and it seems lately he has been going through alot that actually dampens his spirit. I'm not saying that he gave up but he perhaps need sometime to get back up and continue on with his journey. What came out from his mouth took me by surprise "Marvin, actually I have yet to achieve something successful in my life, I have set 10.10.10 as a goal but now looking back I don't think I have achieved much." Its this words that suddenly hit me and kept me thinking back, how much have I achieved so far? erm... nothing? =( Yes, I have goals, I have dreams but the important question is have I achieved them? no.. again

Perhaps the month of October where I set the theme as - Dreams. it shall be about putting those dreams into action and achieving them and not merely building castles in the air. I know a few of you who are reading this might have your own dreams and with dreams comes challenges. It comes hand in hand my friend. Perhaps its some financial challenges, you are sick somewhere, your are forced to go through a path that is both tiring on the mind and body. Whatever it is we are facing, I believe that if we hold on. If we just adapt and embrace the situation making the best out of it and stop giving excuses, we will come out of it.

No comments: