Wednesday, August 11, 2010

flashback



Its That time of year again. Where muslim all around the world fast and pray also known as the holy month. Puasa~ Brought up from a multicultural environment I looovveee the month of fasting, because during "buka puasa" (when the muslims break fast <- YES! 2 words!) the muslims will have this bazaar thing along the roadside. Its such a huge event where not only muslims go there to get their food in preparation to break fast. But non-muslim like me are eager to be there to join in the crowd. Buying delicious food at a cheap price! muahahaha! Feeding myself like a pig. Last year this time I was still in the Uk and missed out the fun, so this year... bazaar and muslims out there. Im officially issuing all of you a warning. I will be terrorizing the food stalls with no mercy, and it will be twice as great cause I missed out last years =D.

Well, not only the fasting season is here but the ghost festival is here. Well I was never a believer on this kind of things but I learn to respect all religion and their practices. Its really interesting to see people burning offerings for their "brothers" by the road, and build this massive colorful castle the size of 4-5 cars stacked together and later on burn them. Stages are setup and performance will be performed to the spirits which the chinese believes will be watching.

Coincidentally, the mooncake festival is just around the corner. Yet another chinese festival where we eat mooncake and play with lanterns. Its the time where shops are decorated and filled with lanterns with all type of design imaginable! I mean seriously! We have the shape of traditional lantern all the way to Pokemon characters like my all time favorite Pikachu and Ultraman. Boy oh boy~ I remember when I was a young kid I would be dragging my mum into the shops staring on the ceiling which are hanged with lanterns and begging my mum to get me one of those really cool lanterns. oh yeah! not to forget about mooncakes!! One of my favorite food! I love the lotus flavored mooncake without the eggyolk in the middle of course. It absolutely perfect.

arh~ during the past few years I have been enjoying this festive season in Malaysia with friends and family. A special someone will never fail to use her cooking skills and impress me. Fortunate me~ Every year I would look forward to this festive season to taste her wonderful bakery skills which I really admire. This very year and also for the years to come, things will just not be the same again.
Festive season will just not be the same for me...

Woah! Hold your horses mate! Not going to that part of my life now... Im taking things at it is. Sei Guai Lou! Bring it on! Give me your best shot! *punches in the air and doing shadow boxing. Noticed my blog has taken quite a change eh? From riddles and short sentences back to the essay style. *yawnz.. Oh WAIT! Wishing everyone Selamat Berpuasa, Happy Mooncake Festival and Stay safe!

Im signing off~
Peace out mates*

No comments: