Monday, May 4, 2009

Superwoman

Blessed or should i say cursed with three boys in the family, she was stucked with three mischevious beings for the rest of her life. So she thinks..
Looking at their innocent baby faces who just cry for milk, cry for sleep, cry for toys, she never knew that when the children of hers grows up is capable of hurting her. Filled with care and love she nurtured her children, bringing them up and educating them. Times were hard, and she has to struggle in the big ugly world fending for her children making sure we have new clothes to wear for the new year, books to read, sufficient food to eat and yet everyday she came back from work with a smile on her face hiding all the hardship within her. It only became so clear to me now the endurance she has to go through, just to bring the smiles on our face. Seeing us running around happily was enough for her yet in return we often made her angry and dissapointed.

She place her children infront of everyone else, even infront of herself. Days pass as I see myself grow up and suddenly notice the wrinkles on her face deepens. Countless time I have hurt her by making remarks that I regretted, actions made out of anger which only gods know how much it breaks the heart of hers. Amazingly, she never once hated us for what we did, never did she love us less, instead she forgave us every single time. Bringing up three children must be a really hard, she could have given up years ago but she took everything up with a smile on her face.

Days pass, weeks pass and years pass. She saw her children grow up and before she knows it, we were slowly one by one going abroad to study. How did the little babies that once she held in her arms became so big? I do not know if seeing us leaving her side and facing the world brought happiness or sadness to her. She could finally breath easier now with two less children taking off or so what we thought. As I came to the UK and my brother went to Canada to further our studies, i know deep in her she was sad seeing her children leaving. She was worried if we will be able to fend for ourself in this cruel world. Armed with her love and care, mum im sure we will do just fine on ourself. Going back home everyday for mum doesnt seem like other days, it is much quite now. With only my youngest brother around im sure she will miss the times where there were laughter in the house, the noise i blast from my computer, the quarelling of me with my brothers....

I love you mum and I hope I can make u proud someday...

1 comment:

wen said...

想念妈妈了。。。
如果有一天我离开了这个温暖的家,我真的一定一定会很想念的!
刚才道祥和我聊出过的事情。看着一个个的离开,不管是很熟的,还是不熟的。。心里都会难过。
宝贝, 我好想好想念你!