Saturday, May 9, 2009

MNS#3

Life is so much like a huge tree. The moment we were born life is simple and as we walk into different routes in life, made different decisions it become more complicated. Lets observe the nature of a tree, it grew from a tiny seed not knowing the great potentials instore within. From a sapling, it slowly grew strong with the help of the sun and water. As it grew, the tree began to branch out into different branches leading to different directions and each branch tells a story. Ever wonder why trees grow so tall? Ever wonder what kept it going? It kept growing taller and taller competing with other trees to reach the highest point with a single purpose - sunshine. Sunshine gave the tree the strength to live on, the strength to continue striving against the rest, the strength to withstand strong winds and storm. Even facing difficulties throughout its growth, the tree never gave up because it has a passion for the sun, a love for the sun..

Isnt our lifes so similar to the nature of tree? We were born to this world, fragile and innocent yearning for love and care. With the guidance of our love one`s we grew up strong and face a world of competition. Humans are always competing with one another just like the trees. Its nature to give us strength, to give us wisdom and experience so that we are mold into a better person. Look around us. I can see everyone competing for everything - love, money, studies, status, goals, beauty and the list continues.. Of course not every decision we made in life turn out well. The branches of the trees are like decisions we make in life, we make the right choice and it turns into leaves that will prosper and contribute to the growth but if a wrong choice is made the branch of the tree will widdle and die leaving a scar. That scar is a painful memory giving us experience and wisdom that serves as a reminder for us in the future.

Recently, I faced a similar dilemma, not because the fear of making a wrong decision. Its abit too late for that.. but the fear of whether the right choice has been made. The storm and wind are above my head which made the circumstances evolve dangerously. If things turn out not as anticipated, I do not know if I have the strength to continue moving on. If I have the resources to survive........ dark clouds are in the sky, depriving me from the sun and I am holding tight to a thin line called Faith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is there still MNS #3 my dear friend? Do not think so much. Have faith in God that he will guide you to the right decision. Forget about the past. Use it as a lesson to help you to grow spiritually.

Marvin Ng said...

sorry to dissapoint you. I guess it wont be the last of MNS, because lifes a challenge and by writing MNS sometimes does makes me feel slightly better. Dont get me wrong, im not a very negative person but u c sometimes writing my thoughts down allows me to take a step back and look at what i have written. When i do that, often i find myself looking at the problem as a whole which allows me to overcome such problem rationally and not emotionally. Also the encouragement from the people like u does shows the world is not as bad as i think it is. Thank you so much for your concern and care.. I deeply appreciate it. God Bless