Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In Preparations


Let the trumpets play, let the drums roll, let the applause be heard! Cause Im so leaving you....

oh yea! Im officially handing in my resignation letter tomorrow. The 4th of November! As I was typing my letter in the office~ SHHHH... don't let them know. I was really figuring the proper words to write. It is my very first resignation letter, was a really nervous when I typed it, I dont know why it sounded so formal. XD
Well, I would say working in Albert Wines & Spirits was a real eye opener. I did learn quite alot of new stuff, gained loads of experience especially when it comes to handling people and alcohol of course~ Remembering the first 1 month of my work I was really enthusiastic on giving in new ideas to market some wines. But I guess the company didn't really know where I fit in as a marketer. Being in a "chinamen" company who doesn't believe much in marketing my role was really constraint. All that matters was really profit, sales, collection and thats pretty how the company runs.

The importance of marketing has been overlooked and was not paid sufficient attention to. Being the youngest in the company comes with some in born responsibility if you get what I mean. Your job scope all of a sudden expands from being a marketer to a general clerk, and all the way down to be a bell boy. Pfft... Well, in a way, i get to interact with all level of people. From the managerial level all the way to the people working in the warehouse. Its interesting to see every single individual job is linked one to another and how sometimes information can be lost between this levels of job. Definitely a system is in place in order to run this multi million dollar company but the system has some terrible flaws which does hurt the company reputation and profit. Being in the company for one year, I don't really see a growth potential in it. Let's say 5 years down the road, if I got the managerial position what difference would it make? It just doesn't provide me the sense of fulfillment being in the company.

Having said that, I must take a bow and thank the company for introducing me to a whole new perspective of thinking and view. Thank you everyone who made me feel like home in AWS, and thank you to those who tried teaching me in your sarcastic rude manner. Goodbye and all the best in your future endeavors.

Now, Im off~ to face a whole new world! Give me your best wishes ~ *winks

No comments: