Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life after studies

9th of June, the official day where the results of my Uni is being announced. Well, after seeing the results, I was pondering on my next move in life. I have been studying throughout my whole entire life, yearning to have a break, eager to work, eager to just stop studying has been something I look forward to. I still cant believe how time flies and its time for me to move on in life, entering into a whole new world. I was stunned just by the thought of it, and suddenly felt that studying was not too bad afterall. A goal for the past 21 years of my life has been always to obtain good results has came to an end. A new goal has to be set and being thrown out to face the cruel world seems scary.

I was thinking of pursuing Masters, to improve myself better in this competitive world or take up some other professional qualifications. But deep down in me, the other reason is to go back into the comfort zone.. a zone I have lived my whole entire life in. A life of studying. However, due to some contstraints it was not possible for me to do just that for the time being. So, ready or not! Working life here I COME!!

Now, the most frustrating part of working is applying. I have sent countless CV`s, cover letters to countless companies that is hiring. I have spend the whole evening filling up stupid application forms to companies and explaining why they have to hire me bla bla bla. But wait, it doesnt ends here. I have to wait a few weeks for the companies to reply and the only reply I have recieved so far was letter of rejection. GOD im frustrated with them!! Not a single company would be kind enough to meet me in person and let me sell myself! Curse the recession! Curse the economy! Curse why on earth are they not hiring international fresh grads. With the current economy downturn made my job hunt a disastrous one. All I want is a descent job with a descent pay to gain as much experience I could before heading back to Malaysia. It looks like im playing a little game of hide and seek with the companies. Their hiding and im seeking.. sigh

No comments: