Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring's night

I boarded the night train after having dinner with my mates in Burnaby, still feeling stuffed from the generous helping of Tempura, Salmon sashimi and loads of sushi.  I really should not have eaten so much but then again who doesn't when it comes to buffet?  Feeling much better with this thought I walked up the stairs to the platform.  I waited for the train to arrive with the cold night wind blowing softly against my face.  With my headphones stuck in my head and playing some jazz and strangers brushing my shoulder as they pass I stared into the night.  The dazzling city lights glows in a distance almost like Christmas tree decoration, pretty indeed.

At a moment like this, you stare at your phone hoping it will ring but it didn't so you would not feel lonely.  I took a deep breath and boarded the train which was nearly empty.  The moon was perfectly round and it wasn't long before I find myself lost in my thoughts and really wishing that I was not alone on this train bound for loneliness.  This is really the time when all sorts of big questions start to surface and I find myself lost not knowing the answer to them.  My heart sank when I know that really it is me here alone with a handful of friends.  The feeling of restriction, emptiness came gushing like a fountain into me and I had to keep it out by focusing on my dreams.

I smiled at the pathetic me.  What is all this nonsense that I am going through?  Well, tonight is a night where I shall let whatever that comes flowing towards me be.  A day has come to an end when I stepped out of the train.  Again I took a deep breath and walked into the night.. with a smile and my music still playing.  

No comments: