Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Th3 Cloud and Wind

Storm Riders review : I know~ Alot of you might have watched the movie but yesterday I went to watch the anticipated movie with my GF in GSC 1 Utama. Surprisingly the queue was not very long and we dont have to wait for long before getting our tickets.
Well, the movie was graphic intense I would say. Too much of graphic in fact. Looking at Aoran Kwok and Ekin starring Fung and Wan reminds me of the old day where I would sit infront of the television and watch their action series over and over again. It just marveled me how great an impact this movies plays in our childhood days. Back then Mr Toh would be seating in class acting all cool with his fingers crossed over his mouth occasionally grabbing Kar Lim who back then who was like a midget and still does look like one now by the head as a sparring partner (obviously you could see the size contrast immediately). Kok Hwee would be looking at some magazines and buying their miniature swords while the teacher was teaching mathematics. That was back then~

Back to the topic.. the movie was not as I expected. The story line was lame and the characters didnt talk much throughout the whole 1 hour and 40 minutes sequel. Especially Aoran Kwok who I suspect open his mouth less then 10 times. The whole movie was crappy even the fighting scenes was a great let down. This happens when the Pang brothers decided to rely to heavily on CGI`s instead of focusing on the story and characters. I still remember a part where our HK girl band Twins (dont quite remember what is the girls name) which plays the role of Ekin`s lover. She was being hit and in matrix style you could see her face started to crumbled up and drops of blood would be flying out of her mouth and I was like WTF~ Whats the point of showing this pretty lady face all wrinkled in pain IN SLOW MOTION?!

Would I recommend this movie to anyone else? Well No... Disappointed big time .
Next movie Im going to watch~ The Avatar. Yet another heavy intense graphic. Lets hope it would be worth my 2 hours and 30 minutes in the cinema.

No comments: