Friday, March 20, 2009

Sick in body

No one likes to be sick! But when you have a weak body like me, falling sick is unavoidable. For as long as i lived, i have always been prone of falling ill. Always the same symptoms will occur and it feels like the end of the world for me. On average, the body of mine will fall sick 4-6 times a year. Every time it will be fever + sore throat / flue / muscle aching / stomach pain.. is either one of this combination but fever is a confirmed symptom that i will have.

Back in Malaysia when i fall sick i would be taken care by my parents and my ever caring girlfriend. Never have i experience falling sick and have to take care of myself! Well, i just experience this when staying in the UK. Only GOD knows the pain im going through. Sometimes i feel so hot that i was sweating like a pig, the other time i feel so cold like im in a freezer. With this 2 extreme weather in my body coming on and off, it was like a battle field but only in my body. I was tired all the time, body aching and mentally torturing. All my strength left me and i have to prepare my own meals. Set alarm on my phone to wake up and take my medicine. The whole time i felt so lonely and miserable. It was the time i missed home, the time i wished that someone would take care of me.

Now, part of being sick is taking medicines. Taking medicines was horrible! I ran out of fever and had to trouble my housemate to get extra medicine for me. I have been eating medicines like popping candies in my mouth. Every four hourly I would have to take 2 panadols to control my fever from going berserk. So in a day its 24 hours, and every 4 hourly i have to take 2 pills which is 12 panadol in 24 hours. I was sick for 1 whole week. So the amount of panadol i took totaled up to be a wopping 84 tablets!! It was CRAZY when i think of it. The panadol intake instructions clearly says not to take more than 8 tablets per day, but in effort to keep my fever down i have no choice but to keep popping panadols in. Im suprised im not admitted to the hospital for panadol over dosage. Thank god i was healed on the 7th day and had some headache for 3 more days. I dont know what prompt the fever to just dissapear because on the 6th day i was still in a very bad shape. Probably is because i told my parents about my condition on the 6th day and they did pray for me. Thank god for that.

Because i was sick and went to see the Uni doctor, i was granted a medical leave for 2 weeks which i can use it to extend all my assignment for another 2 weeks extra. Its kind of a blessing in disguise. If it wasnt for my sickness i would be rushing all my assignments now and have no time to even write this blog. Guess it was God`s plan for me to fall sick and buy me extra time to finsih off my assignments. lolx. Now enough of blogging, its time to sleep. Tomorrow its a brand new day to continue my battle against the evil forces of assignments.

2 comments:

HuiHui said...

wah...sick again???? u realli weak ooOOO...hahaha...dont eat so much instant food la...tsktsktsk...lol...TAKE CARE

Marvin Ng said...

lolx... wat to do.. ^^p